Southwest Alabama Central Office, Inc.
SOUTHWEST ALABAMA AREA
Date: January 2, 2010
The MobileAA.org website is built as another mechanism to
1. Time and location of AA meetings in the Southwest Alabama Area.
2. Service information in the form of a service events calendar.
3. Information about AA in the Southwest Alabama area.
4. General information about Alcoholics Anonymous.
GENERAL CONTENT GUIDELINES
1. The Website Committee shall assure that the content adheres to the
principles of the Twelve Traditions.
2. In keeping with anonymity, no names will be published on the website.
E-mail addresses will be general contact addresses.
3. No paid advertisements will be posted to the website.
4. The primary external links on the website will be to the General Service
Office (GSO), the AA Grapevine, and the Alabama/Northwest Florida
Area. We also link to Google Web Tools and Adobe for directions to
meetings, and some events may have registration or information websites
that will link from the calendar.
1. The service and events calendars will be maintained by the members of the
Website Committee of the Mobile Area Intergroup.
2. The service calendar will contain service events within the Southwest
Alabama Area. Additional events can be added at the discretion of the
3. The events pages will contain local-to-Southwest Alabama Area events.
4. Event flyers may be posted for the Azalea City Jamboree, the AL/NW FL
Area Assembly and the AA Convention, with hyperlinks to the event flyer
in the description of the event. Entries on the calendar may refer to web
pages where there is more information about a specific event, such as
5. Special Mobile Area Intergroup event descriptions will be added to the
MobileAA.org events calendar.
The Website Committee consists of five (5) members. This committee was
1. Editorial: responsible for general oversight and handling queries about
what should be on the website when not covered by comments elsewhere in
2. Technical: responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the website,
including modifying layout and content. Major changes to layout and
design will not happen without consulting the full Website Committee. Paid
technical consultants may be necessary for advanced programming of the
website. Hiring of technical consultants is subject to approval by voting
members of the Mobile Area Intergroup.
3. The Website Committee will meet monthly at a regularly scheduled time
and place. All items to be placed on the website, additions, deletions,
corrections, etc. are to be reviewed at this monthly meeting. The majority
decision of those Website Committee members in attendance constitutes
The website and the
website policy shall be reviewed on Central Office
Granting and Removing Access
The Website Committee has the authority to create new accounts for website
Internet Hosting Provider
The current internet hosting provider is AT&T. Southwest Alabama Central
AT&T also maintains our domain name registration: www.mobileaa.org.
Email addresses will be approved and maintained by the Website Committee.
|Copyright © 2008 SWACO, Inc. All rights reserved.|